Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service is connected with depositing and/or sharing certain web content on a web server managed by a website hosting vendor. There are various categories of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a gaze at them. In that way, you can conclude what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to launch a site, mail aliases, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a solution made available by certain web hosts, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are frequently supported by displaying ads by the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a totally distorted interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allot the load between autonomous groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various site hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you desire to share a big amount of pics with mates or acquaintances since the service is generally free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to tackling your email aliases. Some corporations provide site hosting services for sites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you desire to run a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred viewers, you may have difficulty with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to run as many video clips as you want to without hassling about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to run a web site. To a certain degree, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At LiquidLayer.net, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in one location. There may be limits depending on the type of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for specific web content exclusively.